Unibio is an SME operating in the biotechnology sector with core competences within fermentation technologies. Unibio was incorporated in 2001 and is operated from its headquarters in Odense, Denmark. We are engaged in the production and marketing of special feed and food additives. It is our goal to become the leading supplier of feed and food ingredients and finished products based on methanotrophic bacteria in this segment within a couple of years.
The fermentation and downstream department is located at DTU in Lyngby and operates a 100L pilot plant in cooperation with DTU Chemical Engineering as part of a project funded by Innovation Fund Denmark. Currently we focus on upgrading and optimizing our systems and processes, and our new employee will be part of and contribute to this effort.
We are looking for an operator to the fermentation team where the workday is busy, and you will have multiple challenges as well as responsibility. You will be a flexible, systematic and methodical person. Operations run 24/7, and your days will consist of day, evening or night shifts. The work involves lifting and pulling.
As an operator your tasks will be to operate our partially automated production equipment, manage the provision of raw materials and chemicals as well as to complete batch documentation. During a working day you will:
- plan your work in relation to the production plan
- monitor processes and react to irregularities
- document carefully in batch documentation, logs etc. both on the computer and by hand
- have working knowledge of pipe and valve maintenance as well as the ability to do basic repair to these.
- ensure that production work is done in a safe and secure manner
- contribute to and use our IT systems (mail, SOP database)
The right candidate preferably has GMP experience in pharmaceutical or HACCP experience from food/feed production and a good technical understanding of how the different mechanical parts operate. In addition, we emphasize that you:
- have a strong sense of order and are committed to documentation with clear handwriting
- can read and follow instructions and procedures in English.
- work in a structured and focused way, even in hectic situations
- focus on security and compliance procedures (mainly with instruments, pipelines and valves etc.)
- have experience in fermentation work and LEAN
- are positive, collaborate well and thrive in dynamic situations
- have a technical background with 2-4 years of similar experience
Unibio is developing and contributing to securing protein sources for a hungry world, and the entire Unibio team thrives under a sense of saving the world mentality. We offer excellent opportunities for professional and personal development as well as the opportunity to work both independently and in teams.
Information and application
We hold job interviews on an ongoing basis so please send your application and CV as soon as possible via the link on this page not later than Wednesday 1 July 2015.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please feel free to call between 13-17 on weekdays to Laboratory Manager Budi Juliman Hidayat on +45 60 71 22 40 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.